The JK Cancer Fund Inc. is a Nonprofit Organization started in 2010 by Cody Millian as his senior project for Mitchell High School. Cody started the first Drive Away Cancer Golf Outing to keep the memory of his grandfather, John Kubek alive. John was one of the most amazing people Cody knew, and he died of stage four cancer in his bones, liver and lungs. But the Drive Away Cancer Golf Outing has become so much more and has taken on a bigger meaning. In 2011, Cody’s mom was diagnosed with stage one breast cancer and in 2014 his other grandfather, Mike Millian, passed away from cancer. Cody’s passion to Drive Away Cancer gets stronger all the time.
- The JK Cancer Fund gives 100% back to local charities right here in our community including:
- Funding the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA Program at the James P. Gills Family YMCA in Trinity. The program helps survivors who have gone through cancer treatment regain their muscle strength and flexibility while building a strong sense of connection with other survivors.
- The Cheval Cares 5K Family Run benefiting the Pediatric Cancer Foundation
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Pasco Pediatric Foundation Golf Tournament